Monday, February 15, 2010

Way of the Monk - Week Six - Final

This week wrapped up "Way of the Monk, Path of the Artist". It's been an amazing six weeks and I've met some wonderful fellow monks and artists along the way.

Christine has other offerings of this course available, and if you are in any way thinking that this is calling to you I urge you to check it out. You won't regret it.

This week, we looked at creating some sort of Rule for ourselves. A rule being a sort of framework for our lives as monks and artists. Being the creative group that we are, the rules came in all shapes and sizes - written rules, poetic rules, mandala's, etc.

Here are my "Rules of the Inner Monastery", they are all about "Bee-ing""

From Random


Written on the wings of the bees in the corners:

Be a friend to your body
Be a listener of the wind
Be thankful
Be in nature
Be in Awe
Be creative
Be an explorer of your soul
Be Here Now
Be Mindful
Be in prayer
Be Still and Know that I Am

Now I am resting in this week, as I prepare for the beginning next week of the next class, "Eyes of the Heart".......glad it's not completely over yet! * o
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: