Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kelly Rae's New Book

"My journey into artmaking happened mainly because I was inspired by the spirits and creativity of other artists. Without their ever knowing it, they inspired me to simply begin. To search for my own creative voice. To collage. To paint. To play." - Kelly Rae Roberts, "Taking Flight"

When Kelly Rae's book arrived Monday, and I flipped it open to the page with that above quote, I knew I was going to love this book. Because I could have written those words myself. Because artists like Kelly Rae continue to give, teach and inspire. "Taking Flight" is simply a beautiful book. Sumptious art, tender writing, well-laid out pages of instruction for projects you can do yourself. I dare you to read it and not be inspired to do something!

Go, buy one now - you owe it to your creative self! * o
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: