Thursday, May 11, 2006

Rain, Rain - Go Away!

It is cold, and wet, and rainy. It has been cold, and wet, and rainy for days and the forecast says it will be cold, and wet, and rainy for a few more days. I hate it. I'm dreaming of sunshine.

On a more happy note today the flyer for the Sleeping Giant Writer's Festival arrived in the mail and I was thrilled to learn that Arthur Black is going to be there this year! I still have my copy of "Basic Black" autographed by Arthur at a "book signing" held in our local Hudson's Bay store waaaay back in 1982. It was the first signed book I ever received and the first time I met a real, live "writer".

I'm thinking I might just bring that book with me this year, and see if I can't get it signed again. * o
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Sue said...

I can only echo your thoughts on the rain and cold. I've had enough of this dreary stuff too. I also have a new lawnmower that I haven't tried yet because of the weather. Sigh...

The writer's festival sounds great! I'll be on holidays then, but in town, so I may check it out.

Eveline Maedel said...

Don't worry - you'll soon be using that new lawnmower! I swear our grass grew a foot in two days with this rain.

If you decide to check out the writer's festival be sure to let me know...